“Not all weddings in the UK are the same. ”This was the answer of most photographers when we asked them about the ideal UK wedding. However, they gave us many ideas to make your wedding ideal.
1. Initial Preparations:
People love documenting the whole wedding day. That is why they hire photographers to take as many shots as possible to all the preparations. Photos of the dresses, suits, rings, flowers, makeup, hair, and all the other details are the way to document these moments forever. Try to keep the location of these pictures as clean as possible. The photographer should arrive early to take care of the light and the whole location. Besides, the makeup may take longer than the stylist says so you need to be ready for this possible delay and schedule an early appointment.
The cars also are an essential part of the early preparations.
2. The First Look:
This usually takes about 30 minutes to 45 minutes and it is the best location for it is a venue garden. The bride and groom will see each other for the first time and enjoy themselves while being photographed. It can be a full photo session or just a couple of portraits. Family and friends photos with the couple are also recommended.
3. The Main Wedding Party Photo Sessions:
It takes around 1 hour depending on how big your wedding is. The guests will start showing up. Photographers usually start with some formal images then fun and creative images with the guests.
A part of this section is family photos; only the family. The parents, grandparents, siblings, and other family members should take as many pictures as possible with the bride, groom, and special guests.
It is better to make a list of all the family members that you should take pictures with.
4. Wedding Details & Venue:
You should spend some time searching for the best venue for your wedding and planning all the little details. Things like how the guests will enter, how they will leave, serving drinks and foods, taking pictures, the dancing floor, the music, and all details that may be left out take your wedding to a whole new level.
It is better to discuss all the arrangements with your family members, friends, and of course the bride/groom. They will come up with great ideas.
5. Things You Are Going to Forget:
There are many things to plan. So it is completely normal that a few things might fall through the cracks. Here are the top things people forget while planning their weddings.
• Make sure the weather will be fine on the wedding day. Make a have a plan B in case of inclement weather.
• Sunset is the ideal photographing time. Know when the sun will set and arrange it with your photographer.
• Provide extra seats. People usually like sitting next to each other and 20 more chairs will help them to get together easily.
• Some guests may have food or drinks allergies and others may be vegans or vegetarians. Provide your caterer with a list of people who have special situations to avoid serving them something they do not want.
• Bring a change of clothes. Accidents happen. Besides, you will need to change if you are traveling immediately after the wedding.